This component will support the management, coordination and monitoring and evaluation of project activities. It will fund the following two sub-components:
Sub-Component 4.1: Project management
This subcomponent will support the following activities:
- Establish a central Project Coordination Unit in the Prime Minister’s Office at the federal government;
- Fund the salaries of key staff including Coordinators, Financial Management, Procurement, M&E and Communications Specialists;
- Build the capacity of institutions responsible for direct implementation of project activities; and
- Provide procurement of limited office equipment, furniture and essential logistics for managing the project.
Sub-Component 4.2: Demonstrating results
This sub-component will support the following activities:
- Develop capacity for regular monitoring and evaluation at different implementation levels of the project, including writing and disseminating reports on progress of implementation; and
- Finance an independent M&E consultant for verification of results and qualitative assessments of progress (e.g. improvements in line ministry capacity.