Sub-Component 2.1: Supporting priority ministries in re-organization and change management
This sub-component will support the following activities:
- Conduct basic organizational assessments of targeted institutions to define mandates, functions and institutional responsibilities;
- Conduct skills and personnel mix assessments and develop staffing plans;
- Develop and implement change management plans to implement agreed changes to improve organizational and staff performance.
Sub-Component 2.2: Strengthening basic policies for civil service management
The sub-component will support the FGS to develop basic policy management frameworks and regulations for the civil service. The following activities will be funded:
- Development of a public sector pay and grading policy and an implementation plan;
- Development of a public sector pension policy and implementation plan.
Sub-Component 2.3: Civil service work force management
The sub-component will support the following activities:
- Conducting a human resource audit across the civil service to identify gaps in critical and strategic positions that are vacant or filled temporary by unqualified and absentee staff that may need to be redeployed, retired or removed from the payroll;
- Establishing credible personnel management data system, strengthening controls on the payroll process and the management of civil servants including professional development and retirement; and
- Development of a severance policy and procedures of administration, and implementation plan.
Sub-component 2.4 Strengthening the ethical foundation of the civil service
The sub-component will provide support to the following activities:
- Promote dialogue and discussion on ethical standards for public service;
- Develop a civil service code of ethics to define principles and standards civil servants are expected to apply;
- Ensure ethical standards are reflected in the revised civil service legal and regulatory framework;
- Mainstream the code of conduct in the ministry-level change management processes and integrate related training modules in the various training programs including leadership training;
- Support the establishment of adequate mechanisms for enforcement, accountability and complaints, i.e. for dealing with illegal or unethical practices within the civil service; and
- Develop and implement a communication strategy to disseminate and socialize the code of conduct among civil servants, civil society, business community and international partners.